After a long, stressful day, it is very tempting to de-stress with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s (their Phish Food ice cream flavor is my weakness). Although there is nothing wrong with indulging every once in a while, there are many healthy ways to relax that are great from your mind and body. Keep reading for some ideas on how to de-stress and end the night in a blissfully relaxing way.
1. Aromatherapy – If you’ve never heard of aromatherapy, you definitely have to look into it. I have an adorable mini diffuser and calming oil from Nature’s Truth. I drop in a couple of drops of the calming oil in the diffuser filled with distilled water. The diffuser releases wonderful smelling steam, and it automatically relaxes me. They have so many different kinds of natural oils, and they are believed to have different effects on psychological and physical wellbeing.
2. Meditation – My life changed when I started meditating. I had heard about the benefits of meditation, but I never knew how exactly to do it. Then, one day I found an app called Headspace with ten minute guided meditations. The voice was extremely soothing and it helped my mind completely relax. Now, I try to meditate multiple times a week. Meditation is great way to calm your mind, and whenever I meditate before bed, I always have a deeper, better sleep.
3. Herbal tea – One of my favorite ways to end the night is with a hot cup of tea. My favorite kind is Celestia Seasoning’s Sleepytime. It tastes great and it is the perfect way to sip away all of your stress.
4. Gratitude Journal – It is easy to get caught up in the craziness of life, and sometimes it is best to take a step back and think about what really is important. I love my gratitude journal. I write 5 things that I am thankful for every day. It always makes me feel better when I focus on the positive parts of my day, and I love looking back in my journal and reading my past entries.
5. Spending Time With Friends & Family – One of the best ways to de-stress is through laughter and being around positive people. Call your friend who you haven’t spoken to in a while or grab dinner with someone you love. It will make you happy and it will make them happy as well.
What are your favorite ways to de-stress? Let me know in the comments below.
Love your blog! I will definitely try a couple of these to de-stress, maybe I will sleep better. Thanks Stephanie for the info. Good Luck with the Blog. ❤️
Sent from my iPad
Thank you so much! Let me know if you try these tips & if you like them!