2016 was definitely a crazy year. I had a lot of very exciting moments: graduation, getting my first job, and getting my first Christmas bonus. However, I had a lot of frustrating and sad moments as well. I think we can all agree that 2016 was a year of ups and downs. I’m ready to start 2017 with a stress free, more organized life in order to attract more success & less stress into my life. Keep reading to find out my top tips for organization for 2017.
– If something takes less than one minute to do, then do it. For example, if you come home and you are about to take your shoes off, don’t leave them in the middle of the room. It is going to take less a minute to put them away, so put them away. It will help you keep an organized living space.
– Utilize your planner or online calendar. Important meeting? Get together with a couple of friends? Write it down in your planner or add it to your online calendar. I recently ordered a planner from Erin Condren for 2017 and I can’t wait to write down all of my important dates. You will never have to worry about missing your best friend’s birthday ever again.
– Clean out your purse or wallet once a week. It is amazing how many receipts, coins, and other random things can collect in my purse or wallet. When my purse or wallet is messy, I feel more stressed & less organized. If you remember to organize it once or twice a week, then you will avoid collecting receipts & wrappers in the bottom of your bag.
– If you haven’t worn a clothing item in a long time or if the clothing item is no longer your size, consider donating it. Not only is this a great act of kindness, it will also help you keep your closet more organized. If there is less clutter, then you will be able to keep your closet orderly and clean. Donating your old clothing items will keep your soul happy & your closet clean.
– Make your bed. When I come home from a long day and my bed is made, I am less likely to throw my bag and shoes on the floor and shoes. If one part of my room is clean and organized, then I am more likely to keep my desk and closet organized as well.
– Try to tackle a new project (like organizing your cabinets or makeup) when you have some free time. I normally have more free time on Sunday’s. After I am done writing up my blog posts, taking photos, and pampering myself, I love to tackle a new project. I really wanted to organize my shoes. So last Sunday, I went through my shoes, put my most worn shoes on my shoe rack, and donated my shoes that I have not worn in a while. You will feel great after ward, and you’ll be able to enjoy your clean, more organized space.
I hope you enjoyed my top organization tips for 2017. Whenever my living space is organized, I feel more relaxed and I am able to finish my work & creative projects easier. My thoughts feel less cluttered. Cheers to a more organized 2017!