Happy New Year! I spent my New Year’s Eve in Boston with a couple of my best friends. It was filled with champagne, yummy appetizers, and great company. My face hurt the next day from smiling & laughing so much. It was so nice to ring in the New Year with such great people. (One of my New Years resolutions is to leave toxic people out of my life & only spend my time with positive people so it was a great start!) On the drive back from Boston, I brainstormed my 2017 New Years resolutions ideas. After 4 hours, I had a great list of ideas & I wanted to share them with you all. I hope this brings you inspiration & I hope you have the best year yet.
Here are 15 New Years Resolution Ideas:
1. Operation: Get Healthy In 2017. Eat less meat, drink more green juices, & be more conscious of what you are putting into your body. Go to the gym more frequently or YouTube workout videos to do at home. (Ahem, maybe buy yourself some cute workout gear to motivate you to get your booty moving!)
2. Wake Up Earlier. Take some time in the morning to make a yummy & healthy breakfast or go for a jog in the morning before work. You’ll start your day on a positive note & avoid rushing out the door in a bad mood.
3. Drink More Water. There are great apps for reminding you to drink more water so download it & get to it! Or you can start carrying around a water bottle with you so that you always have access to water. You will have more energy throughout the day & your skin will be glowing. Also, your body will thank you.
4. Say Goodbye to Negative People In Your Life. Imagine your life being like your own private party. Do you want to have negative people ruining your party? Heck no. Only surround yourself with positive people and you’ll find yourself happier in 2017.
5. Get More Sleep. This was something I mastered in 2016. I used to feel so sluggish throughout the day when I was up late every single night. I thought I could just drink coffee & get away with staying up late. However, I started feeling jittery & I wasn’t as productive. I knew the second that I started my job & had to wake up at 6 am that I needed to go to sleep early. I know I feel great when I get 8 hours so I made it my mission to go to bed every night at 10 am. I achieved my goal & I feel amazing. I definitely plan on continuing this in 2017 & you should too!
6. Spend More Time With Family & Friends. I know it is so easy to get caught up with working all of the time & putting family & friends on the back burner. However, it feels so good to spend time with people that you love. We live in a digital world & although we may feel that a text is enough, it is not the same as grabbing coffee with a friend. Get out there & spend time with loved ones.
7. Save More, Spend Less. Make your coffee at home instead of grabbing Dunkin or Starbucks. Have a date night in with your significant other instead of going out to eat. Put the money you are saving in a savings account & watch it grow! I will be posting a saving challenge soon so definitely subscribe to get that in your inbox.
8. Spend Less Time On Your Phone & The Computer. Technology is amazing, but sometimes we spend way too much time starting at screens. Limit yourself to spending only an hour a day on social media. Spend some time reading, cooking, baking, or creating something. Make more memories in 2017.
9. Compliment Someone Every Single Week Or More. This will make you feel amazing & the person that you are complimenting feel amazing. The next time you think to yourself, “Wow, I love her outfit!” share that thought out loud.
10. Get More Organized In 2017. Clean out your purse, buy yourself an agenda, or organize your closet. If you have a more organized, clean space, it will help you have a calmer mind. Check out my post on my organization tips for 2017 here.
I hope you try some of these New Years resolutions for 2017. Let’s make this an amazing year. Cheers!