I don’t know about you guys, but I absolutely love snacking. My favorite way to relax is to sit down with a bowl of my favorite snack, someone I love, & an interesting tv show on a comfy couch. However, the unhealthy snacking habit needs to change. I’ve officially been working in the real world for almost 11 months now. This calls for a lot of sitting down staring at a computer screen. Although I have been loving seeing my search engine marketing skillset grow, I have not enjoyed seeing those extra pounds of weight on my body grow. I’m not overweight by any means, but I am looking to nick this unhealthy snacking habit in the butt before I end up regretting it. Keep reading to learn 8 delicious healthy snack ideas.
1. Banana with peanut butter & cinnamon. Lather some peanut butter on a banana with some cinnamon & sprinkle some cinnamon. Cut it up into tiny pieces so it looks like banana sushi. Perfect! You have yourself a yummy sweet snack.
2. Vegetables with hummus. My favorite vegetable to eat with hummus is carrot, but the options are endless. One of my college friends used to enjoy cut up peppers with hummus. Find a vegetable your heart desires & munch on.
3. Nut packets. Trader Joe’s sells delicious packets of nuts in a variety of nut mixtures. My favorite contains walnuts, cashews, dried cranberries, & pistachios. They are the perfect serving size & a great way to get your nutrients.
4. Chick pea salad. This has been one of my favorite snacks for years. Grab yourself a can of chickpeas, rinse them, & throw them in a bowl. (Not literally throw them, but thinking of someone throwing chickpeas makes me giggle) Add some onion, balsamic dressing, salt & pepper. This snack will have you feeling full for hours.
5. Avocado toast. This could be it’s own meal, but it could also be a healthy snack. Slice up some avocado, add it to a piece of toast with some tomato on top. If you want to get extra fancy, sprinkle some balsamic glaze on top. Your taste buds with thank you.
6. Avocado egg salad. I love avocado so it had to be in two of my favorite healthy snacks. This is a healthy take on the usual egg salad which has mayo. Hard boil an egg & cut it up into small pieces. Add some mashed up avocado, apple cider vinegar, & a little bit of mustard. (Hold the mustard if you aren’t a mustard lover like me). Mash it all together & you have yourself a delicious avocado egg salad.
7. Apple with nut butter. One of my co-workers’ 3 pm snack is apple with nut butter. It always looks so delicious so I had to try it myself. You can always switch up the nut butters so the snack never gets boring.
8. Smoothie. Smoothies are one of yummiest mid-afternoon snacks out there. Blend up your favorite fruit with some coconut water or almond milk. You can also throw in some spinach or kale if you are looking to get your greens in. Look out for a blog post on some of my favorite smoothie recipes.