I can’t believe July is over. It feels like the Fourth of July was literally a week ago. As I sat down to think of my August goals, I realized there are a lot of aspects of my life that I want to improve on. Although I am happy about the person that I am, I am not the person that I want to be. Therefore, I am planning on getting my life on track this month. I always have been a fan of reading other people’s goals. It inspires me to think of new ways to improve my own life & I hope the goals below inspire you as well.
Health + Fitness:
– Eat a primarily vegan diet. In July, I began to eat more vegetables & I was more conscious of what I was putting in my body. I have done my research & I want to take it a step further – I want to try to eat a vegan diet. It is going to be interesting, but I am excited to take the steps to have a healthier life.
– Exercise more. As I continue to do my research of health & wellness, I keep reading how important exercise is for our bodies. I want to start going to the gym before work & I want to start doing yoga on the weekends. When I was down the shore, I did yoga on the third floor of this beautiful hotel overlooking the ocean. It was amazing. I felt so relaxed & so good after. It made me realize that I need to start doing yoga more regularly. I also realized that I need to go to the gym in the morning because I tend to feel too tired at the end of the day & I don’t want to go to the gym. If I wake up earlier & go for a run or go to the gym, then I will get my work out done for the day & I will feel more relaxed as well.
– Relax more. Sometimes I just come home from work & watch reality television, I used to think this was relaxing (& sometimes mind numbing television is relaxing!). However, after some reflection, I realized there are a much better ways to relax such as writing or meditating. In summary, I really want to start living a healthier life.
– Bullet Journal. I want to consistently write in my bullet journal for the month of August. My mind is so much more at ease when I write in my bullet journal.
– Planning my outfits the night before. Since I am going to be waking up & going to the gym before work, I need to save time in the morning. I also plan on planning my jewelry as well.
– Be more positive. Sometimes I catch myself dwelling on the negative aspects of my day instead of focusing on the positive. I am going to write three things I am grateful for every single day. This will result in me focusing on the positives after a long day.
What are your goals for August? Leave a comment below. I hope you have the best August yet!