I used to love sleeping in. Seriously. I would love it. But after starting my full time job as a digital marketing professional, I realized my free time would be limited. So I started waking up earlier so that I could spend more time doing the things I loved & it ended up helping me in so many other ways. Keep reading to learn the top reasons why you should wake up a little earlier & refrain from hitting the snooze button.
1. You have more will power in the morning to get things done
Once you are up & out of bed (& after a cup of coffee) you are more likely to be productive versus trying to do the same task at the end of the day. At the end of the day, you have decision fatigue. You’ve been working hard at class or your job & you are less likely to go to the gym or work on that project you’ve been needing to finish. It’ll be much more tempting to lay on your couch & watch television. Avoid decision fatigue by doing some of your important tasks in the AM.
2. You’ll start off your day in a positive way
The feeling knowing you’ve already worked out or you’ve already been productive & it’s only 8 am is the best feeling. It’ll set up you up to continue to be productive for the rest of the day. A body in motion stays in motion so if you start being productive, you’ll stay being productive.
3. You can have a morning routine that can change your life
What kind of morning routine do you have now? Do you roll out of bed in a tired mood wishing you could get another hour of shut eye? That’s not the way to start the day. I have a better idea: it’s called the miracle morning routine. Basically, you do your SAVERS every single morning. SAVERS stands for silence (meditation), affirmations, visualizations, exercise, reading & scribing (writing). It’s the ultimate morning routine for self care. Once you finish them, you feel like you can take on the world. You have reflected on your goals, done your positive affirmations & you have exercised (hello endorphins!). It is honestly the perfect way to start your morning & you can have the time to do that morning routine if you wake up early.
4. If you are an introvert, it’s the perfect time to recharge
Let’s be real is your significant other or your family going to be up at 5 am? Probably not. So that leaves you with some alone time. If you work 9-6 or have a class all day with people & then spend time with your loved ones after then you don’t really have any alone time except for the early morning. Wake up early, grab a hot beverage & enjoy those early hours of alone time.
Alright now for the steps on how to get out of bed:
1. Go to bed early (I know, obvious but it is essential to waking up early)
2. Have your alarm on the other side of the room
3. Have a delicious breakfast planned in your head for you in the morning
4. Have something you truly enjoy planned for you to do in the morning (are your working on a side hustle that you are so passionate about? Perfect time to do it in the morning)
5. Put down the screens at least an hour before bed so that you can actually fall asleep when you are ready to fall asleep
6. Cuddle up with your blanket, pet, or loved one because you have a productive day ahead
Well that’s it. I hope you’re ready for an early morning filled with productivity. If you’re looking to supercharge your productivity, sign up below for our my FREE goal setting worksheet: